Wednesday, August 2, 2017

WITMonth Day 2 | Goals and things

I always like to set myself goals during WITMonth. Even though I pretty much never end up following them, I quite enjoy the process of compiling reading lists or ideas or directions and then... doing other things. It makes the whole process a bit more exciting.

This year, I'm going to focus less on my goals for reading as much as my goals for August overall. They definitely include reading, though.


  1. Read! As silly as it sounds, I'd like to read more books by women in translation this WITMonth. I've had a pretty poor reading year overall, busy as I've been with too many other things (life, that wretch!), so I'm sort of hoping I'll have some time to get some quality reading done over WITMonth. I'll have a short not-quite-vacation at the end of August, so we'll see if I get some reading done then!
  2. Review my backlog! I have so many books that I've read over the past year and a half that I've just... thoroughly neglected to review. My goal is to upload a review every other day over WITMonth - on odd days. We'll see if I can make it the whole month...
  3. Start publishing some of the work I've done on the Reading the World Through Women in Translation list! This project means so much to me, and I've already made some nice inroads. I'd love to share more of it with fellow readers, and see what gaps we can fill as a collective.
  4. Post daily Instagram book-pics! Again, we'll see if I can make it the whole month...
  5. Appreciate each and every single one of you who is taking part in WITMonth, in whatever possible form. You are all amazing.

1 comment:

  1. I'm so glad I found this blog, courtesy of other bloggers. I was about to reread a Russian classic by a 19th-century male writer and now will switch to a woman in translation!

    ReplyDelete

Anonymous comments have been disabled due to an increase in spam. Sorry!